Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pick Your Squad: $15 For Your NBA All-Time Starting Lineup

                
         
I'm sure you all have seen the picture I posted above from BallisLife.com with the challenge of making an NBA All-Time starting lineup. In case you haven't here is how it works, you have a total of $15 to spend over all five positions, and players are worth different amounts of money at each position. What you are supposed to do is spend the money as wisely as you can to make the best starting five possible. You are only able to take one player per position, so no moving MJ to small forward or Tim Duncan to center etc. I know this came out about two months ago, but I am just getting around to blogging about it.

After much debate (seriously, I worked on this for hours), I think I've got the best starting group possible. Here we go:

Point Guard
$1 Walt Frazier
"Clyde" had the swag and was named to several All-NBA First Teams and several All-Defefensive First Teams. 

Shooting Guard

$5 Michael Jordan
Can't go wrong with Michael. Arguably the greatest player of all time. His offensive repertoire was unmatched, and he would lock you down on defense. Plus, if the game was on the line, he was clutch.

Small Forward

$4 Larry Bird
One of the best shooters of all-time. He had an arrogance and cockiness about him that I really liked, and the guy just knew how to win.

Power Forward

$3 Tim Duncan
"The Big Fundamental" is still getting it done today. He will jump hook you to death and get all the rebounds that we need.

Center

$2 Shaquille O'Neal
One of the most dominant players the game has ever seen. Young Shaq was a force to be reckoned with. He may be the best deal of the whole draft.

Alright, there's my five. That team is tough to beat. The thing about this is that their really isn't any wrong answer. I had several other lineups I thought about going with. One had Isaiah Thomas at point guard, but we know that him and Michael Jordan did not get along so who knows how that would have worked. Another had LeBron on the team, which would have given me three of the most dominant players of all-time in him, MJ, and Shaq. But anyway, this is the group I decided on. Who do you guys have in your starting five? Let me know and let's get the conversation going.

Follow me on twitter @K_Mart10




No comments:

Post a Comment