Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Get Your Shine On


So, last weekend I went to a concert at the Bon Secours Arena(formerly the Bi-Lo Center). I'm just gonna break that down for you guys. The headliner was Florida Georgia Line, and the two openers were Tyler Farr and Colt Ford.

Going into the concert, I only knew one Tyler Farr song, "Redneck Crazy." After the concert, I still only know one of his songs. He just wasn't very easy to understand...he yelled a lot. After seeing him wearing his dark jeans and black leather jacket, he looks like a guy who would definitely "throw empty beer cans at both of your shadows." Farr just looked like one of those guys would do that. Parking on a girl's lawn, shining headlights into her window, throwing beer cans, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Next came on "Mr. Good Time" Colt Ford. I'm not his biggest fan, but he does have a few good songs. Of course he waited to play, "Back," "Dirt Road Anthem," and "Ride Through the Country" until the end. Those are probably my three favorites. He brought Farr back out to sing the part of "Dirt Road Anthem." Farr did an ok job, but he was not Brantley Gilbert of course. I will say this about Colt Ford, he is a hell of a performer, he really knows how to work the stage.

AND THEN FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE HAPPENED! Those boys rocked it. Absolutely killed it. I actually saw them last November opening up for Lee Brice, and I did not think they were that good. However, they have improved a ton and were awesome. They have tons of hits, so obviously that helped. I was a big fan of how they had the videos of songs they have videos playing on a screen in the background. I thought that was really cool. During one part of their set, they brought Tyler Farr and Colt Ford back out, and they all sang some old and popular now hip hop songs. They did songs such as "Thrift Shop," "Back That A** Up," and DMX's "Ruff Ryder's Anthem." That was a really neat thing too that I liked. Also, before they played "Stay," they led in to it with Akon's "Don't Matter." What a classic. FGL came back for an encore and closed with "Tell Me How You Like It," Alabama's "I'm in a Hurry," and of course, "Cruise." Throughout the concert, FGL did a great job of connecting with the fans and getting the crowd into the show. One comment they made that surprised me was they said they had been waiting on this show all year because Greenville, SC was going to be the biggest show they played all year. In closing, Florida Georgia Line was awesome and I will definitely try to see them again at some point. I had an absolute blast.

Follow me on twitter @K_Mart10

No comments:

Post a Comment