Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Clembarrassing, Hater Hotline, the Snake Pit, & More.

Clemson vs. Florida State

Wow. What a train wreck. From the very first play when Stanton Seckinger fumbled, it was all bad. I mean, I knew the Seminoles were good, I just didn't know they were that good. Those boys are the real deal. Granted, I don't think they're 37 points better than the Tigers, but I do think they're better. Florida State played an 'A' game, while Clemson played a 'F' game. We had chances to get back into it, after the TD pass to Sammy Watkins, Breeland had a pick and we got the ball around midfield down only 17-7. However, the drive stalled and the Tigers punted. They pinned FSU deep in their own territory and forced a 3-and-out and again got the ball around midfield only down 10. The drive moved into 'Nole territory before having to punt once more, and then a long FSU touchdown pass occurred and that was all she wrote. Let me say this as well, Famous Jameis Winston is the real deal, the kid looked amazing. I really wasn't even that mad after the game, it was almost comical. I wanted to be mad at their guys for beating us, but after seeing some of the things they said/did, it became very hard to do so. I loved Jameis saying, "I told them we weren't worried 'bout the noise, 'cause we gone bring the noise," and damnit he was right. I love that swagger/cockiness. Also, I was a huge fan of #5, Reggie Northrup I think it was, doing the robot and then hitting the TerRio "Ooh Kill 'Em" on the sideline. I busted out laughing when I saw that after the game. Here is a video of that -->



South Carolina @ Missouri 

The Gamecocks are going to win. I don't know why, but they just are. I've got that feeling. They're coming off a tough loss to Rocky Top and Mizzou is undefeated and #5 in the country, and no one is expecting the 'Cocks to win, so naturally they will. Clowney looked REALLY good last week against future NFLer "Tiny" Richardson, so maybe he's starting to turn it on. The Tigers are starting freshman Maty Mauck who is in line for only his second start so anything can happen. Connor Shaw is out, so I expect a heavy dose of Mike Davis this week. By the way, I was 100% wrong about Mike Davis. Coming out of high school, I said that he wasn't that good and that I didn't want him at Clemson, but now, that kid is a stud. I would love to have him on my team, so I apologize Mike for doubting you.
I digress, I know the hater hotline guy & my buddy Phil will be pleased with the starting QB for USC this weekend, "I think they oughta put Dylan Thompson in." New QB, I don't care. South Carolina wins it. #DylWithIt

Clemson @ Maryland

The Tigers travel to the Snake Pit, otherwise known as Byrd Stadium, for their last matchup with Maryland for who knows how many years. The Terps are hurting badly, their injury list has more people on it than will be at the game. Diggs, Out. Johnson, Out. Brown, Out. It's unbelievable. The main thing for Clemson will be how they recover mentally from that thrashing last weekend. The Tigers always have a tough time up in Maryland, but I think this Terrapin squad is too depleted to knock off the Tigers. Sorry Scott Van Pelt, you're my boy, but the Tigers take this one.

Follow me on twitter @K_Mart10

No comments:

Post a Comment